This blog post is brought to you by sleeping babies.
I’ll real quick hit the highlights of the last several months to catch up my loyal reader:
1. Huck and Finn almost made it to their intended “full-term” arrival date. They missed it by 7hrs. and 45 mins. A feat no one thought possible. I am lucky, Huck and Finn are so so lucky.
2. Life with twins rocks. I’d consider doing it again……in a very distant future……….maybe. Probably not. Not because parenting is twins is beyond difficult but because I am a lifelong, diehard, loyal, committed attachment parent and I haven’t quite figured out how to be an effective attachment parent with twins…it’s just different.
Now on to my normal daily drivel of pettiness:
3. After an encounter with a swearing older toddler (I’m being generous with age) this week who is still nursing I’ve decided to wean Huck and Finn before they swear like a sailor. It just seems right, I think.
And yet somehow the phrase, “Do you kiss your mother with that mouth” doesn’t seem to fit here.
4. My lactation consultant buddy told me this week that, “infants can’t or don’t metabolize caffeine. There is no reason to change from your normal diet.” Hallelujah, Starbucks, my sweet, sweet insanity saviour, oh, how I’ve missed your sweet elixir of life. Ode to Starbucks:
Dearest Caffeinated One,
I fear I’ve entered a co-dependant relationship with your sweet goodness of energy enhancing swill. I’ll always remember what you’ve done for me. I don’t ever want to live without you.
A green tea (Macha) addict
And, it doesn’t help that my local Starbucks treats me like Norm from Cheers. They know my name, my order and have it made before I pay.
5. My horses broke into the tack/feed room 2 days ago and ate approximately 350lbs of grain and 30lbs of alfalfa. Normally this would knock a *normal* horse down never to live another day. But we aren’t that lucky here at the Johnson Ranch. They’ll out live us all. Like cockroaches after nuclear fallout.
6. I love MythBusters. I need a recovery group to overcome my addiction. Why was science never that fun in grade school? Lame-o teachers. I’d like to fire them out of a human cannon.
I’m off to Starbucks before my little milk suckers awake.